Are you repeating your mistakes? Dating the same type of person who always ends up hurting you? Do you want to know when it will be your turn for happiness, success, or even financial security?
It took me a long time to realize that the negative stuff happening in my life was my own creation. After all why would I want to create anything so bad? As I read about the Law of Attraction and how to find a happier place in life one thing struck me like 10 tons of bricks falling on my head. I’d obsessed about every bad thing that ever happened to me… before it ever happened. We use to call that a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Still I didn’t want to believe it but when I tried doing something different from what I’d always done before my results changed.
That’s what you need to do too… something different. It doesn’t have to be hard, or major or even the exact opposite of what you’ve been doing. Just a small shift is all it takes.
What can you do right now that you’ve never done before? Here are a few ideas:
- Take a walk rather than go shopping for something you don’t need (just want).
- Go out with the nice guy who makes you laugh instead of the guy everyone is drooling over.
- Watch a funny movie rather than reality TV.
- Say “Thank you” every time someone does something for you. (Rather than taking it for granted.)
- Volunteer at a shelter, church or school. Give of yourself rather than waiting on something good to happen to you.
- Give thanks for the penny you find on the sidewalk, for your paycheck regardless of how you feel about your job and for your ability to pay a bill this month.
Shifting your beliefs and your thoughts in even the tiniest way may be all you need to experience life in a whole new and better way for you. You have nothing to lose but your unhappiness. And you’ll never regret losing that!
Explore the wisdom of a new generation of inspirational leaders at Simple Steps Real Change Magazine.