Reconnecting with our inner joy, your soul self, is essential to creating peace in our lives and living a more soulful experience. It’s where we find our true happiness. You don’t need a 10 day vacation in the islands to hear her voice. (Okay, I admit that would be really nice right now). You can start tuning into your soul’s voice by practicing these 6 steps. For me, they have become a natural part of my everyday life.
- Breathe deep at least 3 times per day – Stop whatever you are doing and take 3 deep, slow purposeful breaths – filling your lungs with oxygen and your soul with life. This brings a sense of inner tranquility and can soothe away any tension.
- Take a 15 minute walk, preferably in nature – Simply walk at a pace that feels comfortable to you. Pay attention to the ebb and flow of the natural world. There is a sweet sensation that comes over us when we observe the synchronicity of life through animals and plants.
- Laugh, laughter feeds the soul – Watch your favorite comedy, write down and relive the funniest thing that ever happened to you or simply sit and laugh. Laughter helps you take things light heartedly and is one of the best forms of medicine. Bonus…it’s FREE!
- Listen to music everyday – Turn on your favorite tunes and listen. Sing if it makes you feel good, out loud if you can. Focusing on music can reduce pain, decrease depression and create a sense of calm.
- Practice gratitude – Look forward to every day and be grateful for each moment. In any given minute we can find something to be grateful for; sometimes we simply don’t see it. Start a gratitude journal, share with your friends what you are thankful for, including them, practice saying, “Thank you” more often.
- Of course, Smile! No explanation needed!
Practicing these simple steps often can make your life a little lighter. Creating room in your life for daily “soul care” is essential to living a Simple Soulful Life. “Thank you” for being here. I offer a deep bow and smile for you!