You are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel grow a little brighter every day. You know what buried you in the dark and you’ve made the decision that you aren’t going to take it anymore.
As part of our efforts to respect ourselves we need to incorporate a plan, a schedule, a roadmap to following along this journey that is life. Get out your GPS (ok compass if technology isn’t you thing.
Now’s the time to make some decisions about your life. Follow these Simple Steps to get you off the starting line:
- What is THE most important goal that you want to accomplish? Go back to school and get your GED, College Degree, learn an entirely new trade or vocation? Do you want to set up your own business, find the job of your dreams? Do you want to travel the world?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
– Chinese Proverb
- Commit to Your Goal. In writing (or a Word Document) write specifically what your goal is using the following with that statement. Examples include:
Reduce my weight by 10% (20 lbs) by January 1, 2011.
Move to Oregon by June 15, 2011.
Obtain my GED by September 30, 2010
I am 100% committed to attaining (insert your goal)( ie. Reducing my weight by 20 lbs by 1/1/2011.) Every decision that I make considers my goal and moves me in the direction of it.
Sign and date the document.
The final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands. – Anne Frank
- List out any requirements you need to obtain or achieve in order to reach your goal. Using the weight reduction goal this might include: Purge pantry of all junk food. Replace sodas with water or diet sodas. Stock up on fruits & veggies. Buy meets with lower fat contents. Plan my meals. Buy a divided plate to portion my meals in. Tell my family & friends so that they can support me.
- Take each one of these and schedule it into your days. Some plans might take weeks or months. The idea is to have a schedule.
Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.
– Alan Lakein
- Take your first step! When you have completed it cross it off your list with a bold mark so you graphically see your success!
- Take your next step…and so on and so on and so on…
An intelligent plan is the first step to success. The man who plans knows where he is going, knows what progress he is making and has a pretty good idea when he will arrive. – Basil Walsh
As you move confidently in the direction of your dream…your goal…your confidence to handle anything that comes your way increases exponentially. Along your path you may need to take a detour or two… Don’t be discouraged. Use those opportunities to enhance your journey…
One final Simple Step…sit back and close your eyes. Experience in your mind what it feels like to reach your goal. Go to this place often…because as you send this vibration out to the universe it comes back to you.
It’s the Law of Attraction!